In the EUMETSAT matrix organisation, the Technical and Scientific Support (TSS) department provides support to the development and operations of EUMETSAT satellite systems, in particular ground systems, as well as quality assurance and management support services to the full organisation. The Information Management Coordinator sits within the TSS department and provides information and documentation management support to all EUMETSAT business areas, contributing to the evolution of the overall Information Management framework.
- Ensure that information and documentation conform to applicable IM processes, procedures and working practices;
- Promote awareness and use of IM plans, working practices and support tools;
- Implement information and retention policies and participate in their quantitative and qualitative monitoring, as well as their update;
- Perform activities of the standard Information Management lifecycle, such as receipt and registration of information items (e.g. documents), maintenance of electronic filing system, maintenance and improvement of templates, liaison with engineering teams on baselined information, etc.;
- Contribute to the evolution of IM processes, procedures, working practices and tools towards digital information management, including:
- Provision of advice and guidance;
- Participation in or coordination of projects in areas such as collaboration, search or digital preservation;
- Functional support to the deployment of IM support tools (specifications, testing, user guidance, etc.).
- Proven experience using enterprise-wide content management tools in an information-intensive industry (e.g. aerospace, defence, finance, or similar)
- Proven experience providing advice/guidance to users in order to ensure information management working practices are followed
- Knowledge of records management principles and practices
- Ability to handle peaks of workload by self-organisation and management of priorities
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to work as part of a team
- Strong service and customer focus
- Experience in information retrieval, taxonomy management, or digital preservation would be an asset
- Generous salary, of up to Euro 5,800 / month NET (after income tax) based on skills and experience
- Flexible working time including additional flexi-leave
- Excellent medical coverage for employee and family
- Attractive pension
- 30 days of annual leave + 14.5 days public holidays
- Training and development support
- Relocation allowance and support (if applicable)
Apply via clicking the apply button.
Eumetsat - Europäische Organisation für Wettersatelliten
EUMETSAT is Europe’s meteorological satellite agency - monitoring the weather and climate from space - 24 hours a day, 365 days a year
This is your chance to contribute to a world leading earth observation programme, set to generate global weather forecasting and climate monitoring benefits. As an Information Management Coordinator, you will be at the heart of ensuring all elements of this complex system work together to deliver world leading meteorological products.
THIS ROLE IS BASED AT THE EUMETSAT HEADQUARTERS IN DARMSTADT, GERMANY. THERE IS NO REMOTE WORKING OPTION.