Job Description Summary
We are looking for Project Engineer to join our FACTS Control Software team in Tampere, Finland. In this position, you will be reporting to FACTS Engineering Manager and indirectly to Project Managers during project phase. You are or will have the possibility to become an expert in the field of grid integration of high power (> 100MVAr) reactive power compensators namely STATCOM (static synchronous compensator) and SVC (static var compensator).
Essential Responsibilities :
Your main task is control system design targeting to implement control features complying with highly demanding customer specifications. In addition, you get to see the work put into action, first in real time testing in laboratory and then in the commissioning of the compensator at the actual site. The work may also include taking part in R&D activities on your areas of expertise.
Key Individual Accountabilities
- Produce high quality study documents and specifications
- Plan, specify and participate testing
- Execute control and protection testing and system energizing
- Participate in technical negotiations with end customers and other stakeholders
- Support equipment sourcing (technical inputs, equipment evaluation)
- Support technical tendering
- Research and development in the field of FACTS control system design
- MSc (or higher) degree in Power System Engineering or equivalent
- Specialized knowledge in Electrical Power Engineering
- Understanding of control theory behind grid connected devices
- Knowledge in compensation systems, power electronics
- Knowledge and experience on some of simulation tools for electric systems such as PSCAD, MATLAB/Simulink, RTDS or PSS
- Fluent written and oral skills in English – other language skill is a benefit
- Strong prioritizing and time management skills
Desired Characteristics :
- Good negotiation skills and ability to influence on multiple stakeholders
- Ability to work in groups as well as individually
- Curious and open-minded
- Desire to work in international environment
- Willingness to take leading role in project
- Willingness to travel
Additional Eligibility Qualifications :
Relocation Assistance Provided: No
GE (NYSE:GE) rises to the challenge of building a world that works. For more than 125 years, GE has invented the future of industry, and today the company’s dedicated team, leading technology, and global reach and capabilities help the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE’s people are diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest level of integrity and focus to fulfill GE’s mission and deliver for its customers. www.ge.com
Apply via clicking the apply button.
GE Renewable Energy
About Us : GE Renewable Energy is a $15 billion business which combines one of the broadest portfolios in the renewable energy industry to provide end-to-end solutions for our customers demanding reliable and affordable green power. Combining onshore and offshore wind, blades, hydro, storage, utility-scale solar, and grid solutions as well as hybrid renewables and digital services offerings, GE Renewable Energy has installed more than 400+ gigawatts of clean renewable energy and equipped more than 90 percent of utilities worldwide with its grid solutions. With nearly 40,000 employees present in more than 80 countries, GE Renewable Energy creates value for customers seeking to power the world with affordable, reliable and sustainable green electrons.
Follow us at GE Renewable Energy.