Strategic Account Manager Oncology, Finland – Nordic Baltic Marketing Company (NOBA)
At AstraZeneca every one of our employees makes a difference to patient lives every day.
As a part of AstraZeneca, the Nordic-Baltic Marketing Company is working to ensure that our innovative products reach the patients that can benefit from it. We work in close collaboration with healthcare in all Nordic and Baltic countries to build value for our customers and success for our medicines. Our offices are in Södertälje, Copenhagen, Helsinki, Oslo, Tallinn, Riga, and Vilnius.
Oncology is one of the three core therapy areas within the company. The objective within Oncology is to re-build and strengthen the company’s capabilities in the field.
AstraZeneca Nordic-Baltic Marketing Company is in a process of significantly increasing its resources in Oncology and are now recruiting a Strategic Account Manager for lung cancer treatments. The location of the role is Finland.
As a Strategic Account Manager (SAM) for lung cancer treatments, you will be part of the National Lung Cancer Team and play an important role in the contribution to the Nordic brand/franchise strategy.
Strategic Account Manager at AstraZeneca is a field-based customer-facing role responsible for sales and marketing, covering various stakeholders’ e.g., health care professional groups (e.g. oncologists, pulmonologists, nurses), specialist organizations, patient organization and pathologists. Strategic Account Manager is accountable for both regional and national accounts securing sales and driving business in collaboration with both local and Nordic cross-functional teams.
In this role, you will be accountable for developing and implementing the national account plan that is aligned with Nordic brand plan, together with a cross-functional team. You will be adapting Nordic and create local marketing material and campaigns compliant with regulations.
- Accountable for managing individual accounts, both regional and national.
- Responsible for generating clinical demand for Oncology brands with key accounts, pro-actively identifying business opportunities, presenting value propositions aligned to stakeholder needs and objectives, and recommending solutions to drive and develop business.
- Responsible for development and adaptation of Nordic marketing material into local.
- Contributes to development of AstraZeneca pre- & post launch brand/franchise strategy in the Nordics by developing relevant understanding of key stakeholder needs & perceptions.
- 80% field-based, 20% office-based.
In order to succeed in this role, you have
- Academic degree or equivalent, commercial or healthcare background.
- Experience in successful pharmaceutical sale from a Specialist area, minimum 3-4 years. Knowledge from oncology, lung cancer, is not necessary.
- Proven track record of strategic thinking, judgment and persuasion / negotiation skills.
- Proven ability to lead self and others in a highly dynamic environment.
- Experience of marketing work is an advantage.
- Proven ability to understand, assimilate and communicate scientific information and Health Economic Outcomes data.
- Proven track record of engaging and developing lasting relationships with a broad base of key. stakeholders in complex clinical environments, e.g., mid/senior level healthcare professionals.
- Proven track record of developing and successfully executing compelling account strategies.
- Good understanding of the ethical code and compliance requirements, culminating in a certification.
- Fluent in both spoken and written Finnish and English.
Competencies, skills and capabilities
- Builds and maintains long-term and mutually beneficial relationships with relevant stakeholders and customers within key accounts.
- Excellent selling skills and negotiation skills.
- Professionalism in customer interactions, focus on customer needs and satisfaction.
- Ability to build deep scientific and clinical content knowledge in a Specialist Area and apply it.
- Patient focused, ability to see issues through the lens of a patients and focus on the patient experience.
- Commercial innovation – ability and track-record of developing, shaping and executing impactful, customer/stakeholder focused activities to achieve long-term business goals.
- Initiates activity.
- Ability to drive results, able to set objectives and ensure they are achieved.
- Excellent communication skills (written, verbal & listening) – English required.
- Leadership – ability to coordinate, align and engage cross-functional team to drive activities and address needs of individual accounts.
- Being trusted, able to live the AstraZeneca values and adhere to Code and Policies (We Follow The Science, We Put Patients First, We Play to Win, We Do The Right Thing and We Are Entrepreneurial).
For further information about the position, please contact: Marjut Kolu, Executive Consultant, Nordic Progress Oy, +358 40 720 2549, firstname.lastname@example.org. Apply the position on the application page no later than September 15th 2019.
AstraZeneca is an equal opportunity employer. AstraZeneca will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law. AstraZeneca only employs individuals with the right to work in the country/ies where the role is advertised.