Workload Automation Programme Manager
The BMC Global Program Manager performs a lead role in managing the implementation and or conversion projects for the BMC Digital Business Automation “DBA” enterprise software solutions.
- Responsible for leading DBA projects, project managers, and participating in small teams
- Playbook for different stages of the project, including development and maintenance of project management plan, project schedule, communications plan deliverables, and key meeting materials
- Establish and execute project governance, including communication/collaboration among the Customer Team, Account Team, Pre-sales, Services Sales, and the PMO
- Ensure all internal BMC stakeholders are kept well informed on the engagement on customer expectations, comprehensive status, and future opportunities
- Perform PMO administration requirements, including setup, maintenance of projects in OpenAir. Revenue forecasting, monthly revenue close, costs and margin. Manage transition from Sales to Delivery review and clarification of SOW prior to deal closures, review solutions roadmap for the customer.
Transformation/ Change Mgmt
- Manage Activities – Staff engagements, customer readiness and implementation
- Manage to plan – within parameters of cost, scope, schedule and quality
- Manage and maintain up to date and comprehensive project schedules
- Manage budget – resource burn sheets, investment requests, etc
- Manage resources – driving team performance and efficient resource on/off boarding
- Manage delivery – orchestrate quality and manage fulfillment of project deliverables
- Manage scope change – identify, negotiate and execute CCOs as required
- Understands and can articulate how the solution aligns to customer needs
- Communicate and orchestrate action effectively for project success
- Approves project team’s time and expense reports each week
- Maintains OpenAir project status every week
- Identifies emergent business opportunities w/Customers, coordinates w/account teams for follow up.
- Achieves utilization target and forecasts revenue with an accuracy of +/- 5% each period.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 10(+) years of conversion experience with Workload Automation Software (CA7, CA-ESP, CA-Autosys, IBM, Tidal, Redwood)
- 5(+) years of direct experience managing all phases of software
- ITIL v3 Foundation
- Managed projects of $250,000 USD with 3+ team members on projects over 6 months in duration.
- Managed people from different countries and with various cultural backgrounds – international experience preferred.
- Understanding of different software development methodologies (Waterfall, Agile, etc.)
- Must be familiar with other IT management technologies and have a working knowledge of IT operations and management.
- Operating systems – Mainframe, Linux, Unix and Windows
- PMI Project Management Professional (PMP) certification or other formal training in Project Management methodology (PRINCE 2 Practitioner)
- 10(+) years of progressive experience in maintaining, designing and implementing Workload Automation solutions (CA7, CA-ESP, CA-Autosys, IBM, Tidal, Redwood)
- Knowledge of BMC Workload Automation solutions
- Control-M product certification
- Knowledge of effective use of SharePoint, Salesforce and OpenAir
- Programming/Scripting – Shell scripting, Batch programming, Python, JAVA, PERL, HTML
- Databases – Oracle, SQL Server
- SaaS experience
Cloud Computing experience
- Microsoft Azure and or Amazon Web Services (AWS)
It is the policy of BMC Software to afford equal opportunity for employment to all individuals regardless of race, color, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, history of disability, ancestry, citizenship status, political affiliation, religion, gender, transgender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, status as a parent, sexual orientation, veteran status, genetic information or other factors prohibited by law, and to prohibit harassment or retaliation based on any of these factors. BMC never asks for payment from individuals seeking employment with the company.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, visit the accommodation request page.
Please apply by clicking the Apply button.
BMC helps customers run and reinvent their businesses in the digital age by tackling their IT management challenges, championing their innovation, and celebrating their success. Every BMC employee has the potential to have a tremendous impact on customer success—and when customers thrive, we all do.
BMC offers bold and fearless career-seekers like you the opportunity to expand your skills, your network, and your horizons as you work to enable customer growth and innovation every day. You will be surrounded by peers who inspire you, drive you, support you, and make you laugh out loud, in an environment that fosters individuality, respect, and personal ambition.